Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Critic

I reckon one thing everyone fears and dislikes most, is Judgement and Criticism.

Just now as I was painting my uob, every member in the household who walked pass had to comment on the clock that I was still working on. Which I found it very disturbing because paintings don't magically appear on the canvas and look nice, realistic, and how you imagined them to be. They come through much pains of blending.

Well I guess being an artist you have to toughen up and be prepared to take any criticism that comes your way. ): I feel discouraged by such things most of the time, but it makes me look forward to producing even better artworks in the future. (: And I already feel so excited just thinking about the paintings I am about to do after this one is done!

Alrighty just some happier news to make myself feel better...

(Mango pudding served in little heart-shaped tea cups)

(Half-boiled egg noodle with fried fish)

(Chicken and minced pork with honey & black pepper, fav!)

J has been feeding me with yummy food for the past three days and it really cheers me up. (: He just never fails to surprise me with a different meal each time I'm indecisive of what I want to eat (which is every single day if you know me). With such simple and random ingredients he can just cook up a meal like that. :D And I think his culinary skills are improving...

Ego boost much only, hehe. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment